Posted by Earthpages.org
This essay on Marxist theory, Time to Reconsider: The Case of Wallace and Wolf, was written in the 1980s when I was an undergraduate at Trent University.
Please note that I’m not a Marxist nor a communist! Far from it. This assignment was part of a required course in sociology. I had to take the course if I wanted my degree. Simple as that. Turns out, my young, growing mind found sociological theory quite interesting (not just Marx), and generally aced out in it.
These days I can see the shortcomings of sociology. But back then, it was all-new and a big challenge, trying to score those A+ grades.
This was converted to PDF in 2009. Since then I’ve picked up a better scanner, so I might try redoing it some day. But this copy is legible.
Feel free to mention this – and the ideas it contains – in university and college assignments but be sure to use one of the standard citation styles if you do.
- You Might be a Marxist (Part II) (everydaysociologyblog.com)
- Critical Marx (citizentom.com)
- A Partial Synthesis of Marx (mazadeadelita.wordpress.com)
- Book Review: Revitalizing Marxist Theory for Today’s Capitalism (blogs.lse.ac.uk)
- Revisiting Durkheim (epages.wordpress.com)
- Anthony Giddens Group 2 4pm class (socialtheoryencyclopedia.wordpress.com)
- Slavoj Zizek (Group 7 | TheoryPraxis1 4pm ) (socialtheoryencyclopedia.wordpress.com)
- Marx vs Coase (economistsview.typepad.com)
- The CFR and Marxist Worldviews – is there any difference? (chasvoice.blogspot.com)