Scientists have resurrected the dinosaur from prehistoric DNA… and they’ve called it David Bowie “Rex”
And oh, what a cool beast he is!
Word’s out that the new David Bowie lp is good. So I had to have a listen. And yes, it is… GREAT. After years of diddling around in fashion shows and patting his movie maker son on the back, The Reverend Bowie is back, and wow, this new stuff is hot.
Excuse me for mixing metaphors, scientific and religious. But I think in Bowie’s case it’s justified. I’ve just listened to The Next Day for the first time but already I can discern some really hip 70s and early 80s FM radio influences. A bit of Jim Morrison, Chicago, The Eagles, Heart, Stray Cats, Fleetwood Mac, King Crimson, Yes, Roxy Music, you name it. All the good stuff. It’s like Bowie has run it through some huge refractor lens and bounced it back in a new way for 2013. In a word, focus. And this lp has got it in spades.
A real victory, artistic and otherwise.
- A Daily Bit of Bowie 5 #bowiesewalong (fanbloomingtastic.typepad.com)
- Radio 6 Music celebrates David Bowie over Easter (telegraph.co.uk)
- David Bowie looks to the future with new album The Next Day (metro.co.uk)
- A Daily Bit of Bowie 1 #bowiesewalong (fanbloomingtastic.typepad.com)
- David Bowie returns with new single, album (marquee.blogs.cnn.com)
- David Bowie’s First Album In 10 Years Is Now Streaming Free On iTunes (cultofmac.com)
- David Bowie and Paul Smith collaborate on album T-shirt (fashion.telegraph.co.uk)
- David Bowie – The Stars (Are Out Tonight) (teanbiscuits.com)
- David Bowie – The Stars (Are Out Tonight) (musicofourheart.me)
- David Bowie to be celebrated in week of BBC radio shows (metro.co.uk)