Today’s Sunday. Recently I thought I’d let the day slide and not publish anything new at Earthpages. After all, it’s virtually a one man show here and I have to take some time off to live!
But then I thought of something else. I usually receive the Eucharist on Sunday. And since I spend most of the week keeping an open mind to everyone else’s beliefs, I thought I’d devote this day (out of the 7) to something that I believe in. We’ll see if this sticks. I might make the “Sunday Reading” a weekly feature.
5 The apostles said to the Lord, “Increase our faith!”
6 He replied, “If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be uprooted and planted in the sea,’ and it will obey you.
7 “Suppose one of you has a servant plowing or looking after the sheep. Will he say to the servant when he comes in from the field, ‘Come along now and sit down to eat’? 8 Won’t he rather say, ‘Prepare my supper, get yourself ready and wait on me while I eat and drink; after that you may eat and drink’? 9 Will he thank the servant because he did what he was told to do? 10 So you also, when you have done everything you were told to do, should say, ‘We are unworthy servants; we have only done our duty.’”
- Thank you for your donations! (tlcmsn.org)
- 6th OCTOBER, GOSPEL READING (LUKE 17:5-10) (prayers4reparation.wordpress.com)
- Gospel Reflection for Sunday, October 6 (msgrmarino.wordpress.com)
- Sunday, 6 October 2013 : 27th Sunday of Ordinary Time (Gospel Reading) (petercanisiusmichaeldavidkang.com)
- Faith The Size of a Mustard Seed (stjamesaltoona.wordpress.com)
- Luke 17:5-10 It’s Not a Gimmie. JUMC 20131006 (mysundaysermons.com)
- Sermon for Sunday 6th October 2013 (bloggingontheway.com)
- Scandal, Faith and Forgiveness – faith (friarmusings.wordpress.com)
- Sermon Passage for Sunday, October 6, 2013 (kpcistheplacetobe.wordpress.com)
- Aquinas’ Catena Aurea on Luke 17:5-10 (stjoeofoblog.wordpress.com)