Title: The Billy Meier Story: UFO’s and Prophecies from Outer Space
Genre: UFO, Aliens, Paranormal, Conspiracy
Production Company: Reality Entertainment
A while back someone asked me at the Q&A site, allexperts.com, to assess Billy Meier’s claims about extraterrestrials, their alleged spacecraft and message to humanity.
Although I’d heard the name I wasn’t too well informed, so surfed the internet to find out more. This was before Wikipedia, and after a few minutes it became clear that there was no way to verify or debunk Meier’s extraordinary account, so I either declined the question or said very little—I can’t remember exactly.
Since then, several others have asked about Meier, and my usual response is to provide the appropriate links and say something like, “well, we can’t be certain, either way.”
The other day I watched The Billy Meier Story: UFO’s and Prophecies from Outer Space and, as excellent as this film is, I’m still sitting on the fence.
Written and directed by Meier enthusiast Michael Horn, this is one of the best Reality Films that’s been released in a long time. It’s clean, crisp and hip, with production values comparable to A&E, Biography, History Channel or any other mainstream media company.
But not only is the presentation engaging and well-organized. The content is diverse, balanced and fair, stretching back to Meier’s childhood and early days as a deserter from the French Foreign Legion, to his becoming a freewheeling traveler and acquaintance to the likes of Mahatma Gandhi and Saddam Hussein, right up to the present where his cache of firearms, kept under lock and key at his residence in Switzerland, isn’t hidden from camera.
Although Horn makes no bones about his belief in the veracity of the Meier story along with its otherworldly and prophetic implications, he also gives ample opportunity for the skeptics to have their say. In fact, the DVD’s special features include a segment where a representative from IIGWest.org (which is aligned with the James Randi Foundation) analyzes and tentatively concludes that the Meier UFO photos and films depict man-made models instead of extraterrestrial vehicles.
This kind of unafraid reporting on the part of Horn only adds authenticity to his convictions. He seems to have great confidence in Meier’s teachings, to the extent that he’s willing to give the critics an ear and isn’t threatened nor dissuaded by their obvious lack of enthusiasm. Instead, Horn replies to Meier’s detractors with evidence that he considers convincing.
The Billy Meier Story should be invaluable to anyone wanting to learn more about Billy Meier and his intriguing world.
Or should I say… otherworld?
- BREAKING: Astronaut Edgar Mitchell to Explore Billy Meier UFO Case? (prweb.com)
- NASA, JPL Scientists Among First to Endorse Billy Meier UFO Photos (prweb.com)
- Unexpected Development: MUFON Maverick Breaks Ranks, Supports Billy Meier UFO Case! (prweb.com)
- “2012: Earth’s Fate Unknown” – Documentary on Controversial Prophet Debuts on VOD! (prweb.com)
- Twitter Weekly Updates for 2011-08-08 (shanebrady.com)
- Examples of Spacecraft from the Billy Meier Collection (stevebeckow.com)
- Not Everyone May be Thrilled with Disclosure (stevebeckow.com)
- Did aliens really come to earth (wiki.answers.com)
- Its like “Being in outer space but underwater” (amenaskhan.wordpress.com)
- Italian-Extraterrestrial Friendship Project Made Public (stevebeckow.com)