Earthpages (earthpages.org | earthpages.ca) is a non-commercial blog about dialog, understanding, and positive change.
If you need to contact us concerning one or more of the items below, use our contact form.
Do not contact us through social media or through one of our email addresses for important matters as itemized below.
- Anyone can submit to Earthpages. We encourage submissions from all walks of life.
- The views and opinions expressed at Earthpages are solely those of the respective authors and not necessarily those of Earthpages. As an open-ended forum, Earthpages is not liable for content published at Earthpages or at websites linked from Earthpages. Moreover, Earthpages is not liable for any practices and policies outlined at websites linked from Earthpages.
- Earthpages does not render medical, legal, financial or other professional services. Those in need of expert assistance are advised to consult an appropriate licensed professional.
- Earthpages posts contributors material free of charge.
- Contributors to Earthpages are not entitled to any payment for contributing to Earthpages.
- Contributors to Earthpages do not gain any ownership nor rights to Earthpages by making a contribution or donation to Earthpages.
- Copyrighted material submitted and published at Earthpages remains the property of the contributor. By publishing contributors’ copyrighted material, Earthpages does not gain any ownership nor rights to that contributed material. All ownership and property rights of copyrighted material remain the contributor’s. This does not apply to comments at Earthpages.
- Earthpages may write an “Introduction” or “Opinion” before and on the same page as submitted material. These introductory comments will be clearly marked as separate from your submission and could include ideas and opinions that agree, partially agree or differ from those expressed in your submitted content. If a contributor is not happy with the introduction, they may remove their content from Earthpages (see #9).
- Contributors of copyrighted material may remove their material from Earthpages whenever they wish. To remove copyrighted material contact us through our contact form with notice of your intent. This option does not apply to comments posted at Earthpages.
- Do not submit another person’s copyrighted material without permission or, in the case of quotations embedded within your original work, adequate references. All liability for publishing another person’s material rests entirely on the person submitting and not on Earthpages.
- (a) Earthpages reserves the right to not publish submissions and to delete published submissions. Earthpages is not obligated to provide reasons for editorial decisions. Also, Earthpages is not obligated to provide notification for submission rejections and deletions of previously published content.
(b) Earthpages will comply with and provide your IP address to law enforcement agencies if so requested by a legitimate authority.
- Copyrighted submissions that have been edited by Earthpages are for use only at Earthpages unless permission is granted by Earthpages for some other use.
- The overall appearance of the website, including graphics, layout, font type, and color, may be modified from time to time without prior notice to contributors.
- The World Wide Web address (URL) for some or all of Earthpages website may change from time to time without prior notice to contributors. It is the responsibility of the contributor to check Earthpages for any updates to the location of their material.
- (a) Posting comments at Earthpages does not entitle authors of those comments to any kind of ownership nor rights to Earthpages. (b) Earthpages reserves the right to edit or remove comments. (c) All liability rests entirely on the person posting a comment and not on Earthpages. (d) Earthpages will comply with and provide your IP address to law enforcement agencies if so requested by a legitimate authority. (e) If a contributor is concerned about comments made about their copyrighted material posted at Earthpages and desires their removal, he or she should contact Earthpages, outlining his or her concerns and wishes.
- Earthpages is not liable for any service interruptions, delays nor typographical or content errors.
- Earthpages is not liable for security issues concerning use of this blog, its contact forms, related social media, and e-mail correspondence.
- Earthpages respects your privacy. We do not sell your e-mail address.
- Earthpages makes use of statcounter.com.
- When citing material from Earthpages use one of the standard citation styles for online sources.
- Earthpages believes its use of copyrighted material is fully in accord with Fair Use and Fair Dealing policy. If you own copyrighted material posted at Earthpages and believe we are not in accord with Fair Use and Fair Dealing policy, please contact us.
- If you own copyrighted material that Earthpages believes is in the Public Domain or exhibiting a Creative Commons license, please contact us.
- All Public Domain and Creative Commons material remains unprotected by copyright and does not in any way pertain to Earthpages’ copyrights.
- Earthpages allows reblogging through WordPress.com and embraces sharing through various social media platforms, providing such sharing is in accord with Fair Use and Fair Dealing policies.
- Earthpages is based on a holistic model. From time to time we are creatively inspired or encounter unforeseen situations from visitor input. As a result, our Policy and Disclaimer might, for a short while, not fully reflect modifications to the website or new, unforeseen situations. Please contact us if you have any concerns about this. In keeping with the spirit of Earthpages, we’d like to resolve any potential ambiguities ASAP.
- Earthpages reserves the right to update these Terms whenever deemed appropriate and all updates shall supersede prior Terms. Contributors to Earthpages will not be notified of such updates. Be sure to check back often to familiarize yourself with our current Terms.